Center for Global Change and Earth Observations | Department of Geography
Special issues include collaborative pieces sent to publishers such as BioSceince, Environmental Research, Landscape Ecology, Geophysical Research ‐ Biogeoscience, and others.
Ordered by most recent
- Fan, P., J. Chen, and J. Wu. Evolving Landscapes under Institutional Change, Globalization, and Cultural Influence in Contrasting Urban Systems. Landscape and Urban Planning, 9/2016-12/2017; http://www.journals.elsevier.com/landscape-and-urban-planning/news/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-evolving-landscapes
- Lafortezza, R., J. Chen, C. Konijnendijk, and T. B. Randrup. 2017. Nature-Based Solutions (NBS): A New Call for Sustainable Urbanization. Environmental Research
- Lafortezza, R. andJ. Chen. 2015-2016. The provision of ecosystem services in response to global change: Evidences and applications. Environmental Research 147: 576-579.
- Chen, J. Coupled Human and Natural Systems. Bioscience 65: 539-540.
- Chen, J. and Y Liu. 2014. Coupled natural and human systems: a landscape ecology perspective. Landscape Ecology 29, 1641. doi:10.1007/s10980-014-0125-9
- Xiao, J., K. J. Davis, M. Reichstein, and J. Chen. 2011. Advances in upscaling of eddy covariance measurements of carbon and water fluxes. Geophysical Research ‐ Biogeosciences.
- Waring, R.H., J. Chen, H.L. Gao. 2011. Plant-water relations at multiple scales: integration from observations, modeling and remote sensing. Journal of Plant Ecology, 4(1-2).
- Heckathorn, S. and J. Chen. 2008. Plants and Global Environmental Change: A Special Issue Highlighting Younger Scientists. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 50(11): 1337-1338.
- Chen, J., K.J. Davis, and T.P. Meyers. 2008. Ecosystem-atmosphere carbon and water cycling in the temperate northern forests of the Great Lakes Region. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 148(2).
- North, M. and J. Chen. 2005. Sierran mixed-conifer research Forest Science 51(3).
- Parker, G. and J. Chen. 2004. Canopy research. Forest Science 50(3).